Skip to content
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Streusel topping:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. This makes removal of the bars easier.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of your 9×13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, ½ sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust. In a small bowl combine apples, remaining 2 Tbs sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon evenly on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Combine brown sugar,flour, cooking oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel topping over the apple layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until filling is set. Allow to cool and drizzle with caramel topping.