Crockpot Paella Recipe
- 1½ cups uncooked converted long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- ½ pound andouille or Spanish sausage, cut into pieces
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed saffron or ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1¼ lb)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (from 1-lb bag), thawed*
- 6 oz deveined shelled cooked medium shrimp, tail shells removed
- Brown sausage and onion in skillet over medium heat.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix rice and oil. Stir in tomatoes, broth, sausage, water, salt, saffron and garlic. Arrange chicken thighs in single layer over rice mixture. Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 5 to 6 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, sprinkle thawed peas over chicken mixture. Arrange shrimp over top.
- Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 20 to 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are thoroughly heated.
– See more at: http://momswithcrockpots.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-paella/#sthash.1wHclZ3V.dpuf