Easy Fried Rice Quinoa Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 medium carrots (preferably assorted colors), diced
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a medium lidded saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is al dente. Uncover and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet. Saute the carrots, shallot, and white scallions over high heat until soft and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Season with salt. Add the garlic, ginger, and green scallions and stir fry until fragrant, another 2 minutes. Fold in the quinoa and stir fry until well-coated in the vegetable mixture and beginning to toast, 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha.
- Push the quinoa to the side of the pan to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Toss the fried rice with the eggs. Transfer the quinoa to bowls and serve right away.