These babies are the best thing I’ve made this year. Hands down. And that’s not the citrus binger talking either.
To make these sweet treats, you’re going to need a mini muffin pan – don’t worry, you’ll find yourself using it again and again for all sorts of fun goodies!
I’m not the only one celebrating Stephanie’s sweet little baby today! Make sure to go check out all the other baby shower treats!
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups
Prep time; 20 mins
Cook time; 12 mins
Total time; 32 mins
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups are the perfect dessert for my lemon lovers out there! Sugar cookie cups pair perfectly with the refreshingly tart lemon curd filling in these sweet little Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups!The lemon curd filling is made in the microwave and is going to be your new favorite thing – promise. I love these delightful little cups for parties and entertaining. They are so pretty and
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon curd (make your own in the microwave!)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Liberally coat a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and all purpose flour. Knead together until well blended.
- Shape dough into one inch balls. Press cookie dough in bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup, forming cup shape.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before gently twisting to remove from pan. Place on rack and let cool completely.
- Whip egg whites in a mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar one tablespoon at a time, continuing to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Spoon lemon curd into cups. (If necessary, press the center of the cups down with your thumb before spooning in curd to create more space.)
- Drop one tablespoon of meringue on top of the curd in each cup.
- Place cups on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place under the broiler just until tips of meringue start to show color. Remove immediately. (Watch these constantly. My broiler took 15 seconds to brown the meringue.)
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving or store in refrigerator until ready.