Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms and Parmesan Recipe
- 1 small spaghetti squash (about 3lbs)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups button mushrooms, roughly chopped (about 20 mushrooms, 8oz)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- – Preheat oven to 380Fº
- – In a deep skillet (or large pan), add olive oil, garlic and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes over high heat and add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are golden brown. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- – Put the spaghetti squash on a baking tray and bake for about an hour, until squash can be pierced with a knife.
- – Take squash out of the oven and let cool to room temperature. Cut in half and get rid of the seeds. Use a fork to scrape the squash into strings.
- – Add squash to the skillet (or pan), turn the heat to high and quickly fry with mushrooms. Sprinkle parmesan while sauteing for a minute.
- – Turn the heat off, season with salt and pepper and serve warm.