- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginge
- r3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (preferably 55 percent cacao), chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 can (15 ounce) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugars, salt, cinnamon and ginger, press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until lightly golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
Sprinkle the bittersweet chocolate over bottom of crust, return to oven until it melts and spread it in a thin layer over the bottom of the crust.
Melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in a double boiler until smooth and set aside.
Mix the pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl.
Mix in 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture into the chocolate and then mix in the rest.
Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake in a preheated 325F/170C oven until the center is set but still jiggly, about 50-60 minutes.
Let cool, refrigerate overnight and drizzle the milk chocolate on just before serving.